Questions fill your mind.
You are not the person You used to be.
It is crazy to look back and see how life changes over time
But disappointment sets in quick when these changes didn't bring you to the place you wanted to be. Climbing up hill is always harder than going down.
The past months have been steps down the mountain.
You used to stand and look over the great, beautiful landscape thinking you had the world.
You now stare up the steep mountain wondering how little by little you fell to the bottom.
As you stare up at the vast mountain side, your mind doubts if you can make it back to the top.
The path up the mountain seems to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
Gaining the desire to reach the top again gets harder and harder all the time.
You have almost forgotten what the view is like and contemplate whether or not the hike back up is really worth it.
Can't you just enjoy what you have here.
Thoughts constantly swirl around around your mind pulling you to and fro.
The most accurate quote is " Life's hardest battles will be fought in the silent chambers of your own heart."
Every day is a fight but not a fight you can walk away from because the fight is raging within.
It is hard to be your own army and enemy because no one wins.
This has gone on long enough. Someone needs to win.
If life on the outside is a battle i don't have the energy to fight the battle within.
Life is about choices and making changes.
Change is rarely easy, the results do not show quickly,
but if you stay persistent step by step you can reach the top of the mountain.
Don't focus on the top and the long journey ahead
Don't look back at minimal progress and let a tear shed
The focus must be on the stepping stones.
Put one foot in front of the other and don't become discouraged
There is an ultimate destination but each day is a stepping stone
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step and then another and then another.
You must stay in the moment.
Start today and take a step whether big or small.
This one step will lead to another until the time you say.
I fell from the top and forgot the view
I lost everything I ever knew.
Once I determined to take a step
A promise to myself I kept.
Step by step day by day,
I have made it back to the top
Now I remember What I forgot.
The journey was hard, the terrain was tough.
Often days I wanted to give up.
Persistently I climbed that mountain although, set backs occurred
I reflect back once again on my life
but this time with a smile.
I chose to make it back to see that beautiful view.
I picked a side with the inside battle
And I know who I want to win.
Peace doesn't come with little effort, It comes to those who try
Peace is felt when you know
You are true to the you within.
No comments:
Post a Comment